Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Jack - June 25

¿Hola como estan? This week was... weird. Oh and we got transfer news. I´m staying in Quintero.

Oh, also I´m the new district leader of the Assistants to the President.
And it´s a district of 10 people. And so, there goes my free time in the night! Hahaha, now I´ll have to call everyone and see how their days went. The district is almost big enough to be it´s own zone, so that´s neat. 

In other news, Elder Robinson is going to La Serena, waaaaaaayyyyyy up North.
Also. Elder Bahr is coming to Viña!!!! He´ll be the district leader of the other district in the zone. This is going to be awesome.

My new companion is Elder Graves, I don´t know anything about him other than the fact that he´s a gringo (3 companions in a row), he might be from colorado (I´m not sure), and he has more time than me in the mission (he arrived with Elder Robinson).

Anyways, this week was really crazy. On wednesday we went to explore the edge of our area in a pueblito that´s called Maitencillo, but well, I´ll let you watch the videos.

Random people just kept showing up all week, like members moving into the ward, or investigators that show up out of nowhere, so I´m pretty excited for this next transfer.

We had a ward activity on Friday to talk about Family History and Temple work and to watch the movie Coco, it was really fun, not many members showed up but the ones who did brought friends, so it went well. Everyone arrives late in Chile though, so we started late and my companion and I couldn´t finish the movie because we had to go. It went well though.

Then on saturday we wake up to a text from the Bishop telling us he needed help cleaning the chapel for a wedding, so we helped with that, then ate lunch, and then went to the wedding. It was interesting, The dude who got married has been an investigator for about 20 years, so now that he´s married he can be baptized, we just have to teach him. 

On sunday we wake up to another text from the Bishop telling us to prepare talks for sacrament meeting. So we both talked about the importance of missionary work and how the members can participate and receive a ton of blessings. It went really well, now the ward is a lot more excited to work with us.


We also received the transfer news on sunday, so that was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment