Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Jack - July 9

Hola mi familia! ¿Como Estan?

Hey guys, this week went by pretty quickly for me. Well actually it wasnt that quick, but I havent had any extra time to write stuff down so I don´t remember very well what happened. We basically just worked pretty hard all week.

As a district leader, now I have to do the interviews of the people who want to be baptized that the people in my district have taught, so this past week I did my first one and it was super weird, super cool obviously but also a little weird. My first interview was with one of the people the assistants to the Mission President had taught, but he´s in a wheel chair, so we got permission to do it in his house instead of the church like they´re normally done. Overall it was basically just a unique first experience, it was really cool to be able to participate in it though.

As some of you already know, last week someone stole my wallet, which I normally don´t carry around, it was just the first pday of the month so I had brought it to take out cash. Anyways, somebody stole it, and it had basically everything in it, which stinks. But luckily I had just been pondering a lot on the scripture in the Book of Mormon- Helaman 5:12- because even though I felt a ton of stress and dread for a couple seconds, this scripture came to my mind and I decided I wasn´t going to worry about it and just trust in God. It was really cool to see the truthfulness of the scripture because I really found the security and peacefulness that we can have in times of trial thanks to a testimony in Jesus Christ.

I hope everyone had a great week this week, I´ll be talking to you next week!

pancakes and leche con platano


No comments:

Post a Comment