Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Jack - July 2


¿A dónde se fue el tiempo? ¿y mi voz?

Alright. This week has been crazy, just crazy. Let´s be honest, I was super super excited to be district leader this next transfer, but then tuesday in the middle of the night (the night before transfers) I woke up with a horrible fever. Darn it.

It hasn´t been too bad though, it just kind of kills a lot of excitement, and I want my district to be super excited for this transfer. Though I think that was my downfall. For those of you who don´t know, the district leaders in the mission have to call each companionship in the nighttime and find out how they´re doing and how their day was and all that jazz, but it´s every night.

Oh! Also, I already knew I had an unnaturally large district, but then the first day of the transfer the zone leaders called me and told me that I had 2 more sister missionaries in my district. That leaves me with a district of 12 people. Which if you didn´t know, is enough people to make a zone, so I´ve decided I shall now be known as the zone leader of the zone of Quintero. Hahaha, honestly it´s really weird, what makes it weirder is that I have to call the Assistants and some of the Office missionaries every night too. It´s been crazy.

But, as most of you know, I don´t normally talk very much. So what happened? I lost my voice.
It´s still just barely coming back, but its ok because it´s been a great week, though I do wish I wasn´t sick anymore, and that I had a voice.

Yesterday was really interesting for us. In the morning we went to look for the A family to help them get to church, but the day before one of the kids got super sick with a really high fever, so they couldn´t go. This family is so great, they´ve progressed the most out of anyone I´ve seen in my mission. But it´s been tough, the opposition really is strong against them. Something has happened basically every week to stop them from attending church as a family. Some weeks some family member arrives in Santiago and they go to visit them, other weeks they stay the night in Viña, last week everyone came except the mom who had a lot of pain in her bones out of nowhere, and then this week with the high fever. So basically yesterday we had a pretty frank talk with them, we explained to them and pointed out everything that´s happened, and then we shared Helaman 5:12, to explain how to overcome it, really I know it´s possible, and even though it´s been difficult I´m glad these things have happened so that we could all learn this lesson and so that they can really start to exercise faith in Jesus Christ to overcome it. I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us, and that every single one of the experiences that we have in our lives leads us closer to Him, it´s just a matter a patience and meekness, being ready to accept His will, and learn what He would have us learn from every moment.

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Pictures of Elder Robinson´s last day with the family)












No comments:

Post a Comment