Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Brock - November 29

Sorry that I´m a day late today. It´s a long story. 

So last week, I received my "son", Elder Michelsen! He is eighteen, from San José, California, and he´s kinda Dwight Schrute-ish, but he´s funny. He certainly speaks a lot more Portuguese than I did when I got here, even if he did pronounce "arroz" a-huuuz, which sounded pretty funny. 

We also moved houses last week, which took all day, but now we have a new house. It´s a lot better than the old one, just has a few kinks the rental place has to work out, like broken outlets and stuff. 

We knocked at SO MANY doors this week. So many. It was also very hot. 

This week, we had to go to São Paulo again on Sunday (hence the money withdrawal) because my comp had to get his documents. It´s called a protocolo or RNE, which stands for words meaning things but anyway, we also had our Multi-Zone Conference today, which meant we couldn´t return to our area on Monday night. We slept in Sorocaba on Monday night in the area of Elder Lima, one of my former companions. That was pretty cool. But the MyLDSMail site was apparently down, so we didn´t have a chance to use the computer yesterday (hence the late email). 

Today we had our Multi-Zone, and wow. It was just so good. The love that President Farnes has for us is palpable. We learned so many great things today. One of the main things we learned about today was the "victim" mentality. I din´t bring my notes to the LAN House, so I´ll tell you guys more about it next week, but it was so good. Also, this happened.


​That´s right. We were in the meeting, and President was like, "Do you guys like Star Wars?" And everyone was like, whaaaaaaaaat and then he turned on the famous "Do or do not" scene from Empire. 


​It had to do with the "victim" training, where we blame circumstances instead of ourselves for failure. It was really cool though. We have the best mission president in the whole world (no offense, Parker).

So that´s all I really have right now. I love you guys, sorry we missed each other the other day. When I logged into today, the email at the top of my inbox from dad smiply read "We missed you today, we are so sad."

Broke my heart. Love you guys. 
Elder Blaylock








No comments:

Post a Comment