Monday, November 14, 2016

Brock - November 14

So this week was pretty slow. It was mostly switching between struggling to work in the hot sun and struggling to work in the rain. I had asked earlier in the transfer to stay in the area, but I´m feeling that I´m probably going to leave anyway. 

So today I wanted to talk to you guys a little bit about dilligence in little things. A couple of years ago, Mom shared a lesson with us about habits, and why they are so important. She said that the little things we do every day make up our personal character. The scriptures also uphold this statement; in five or more places, the Lord says: Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little. I don´t understand how I am constantly surprised to find Mom and Dad (and ultimately, God) correct. Don´t take it the wrong way. I always knew that they were right. But I couldn´t know for myself until I had "proven the word". The difference that obedience in little things brings over time is astounding. Waking up at 6:29 to pray, exercising for half an hour, following the schedule completely. Studying (not just reading) the scriptures, particularly when it is early. What we constantly do, the small choices that we constantly make, are just as important, if not more so, than the big milestones. Just as God needs us to be willing to die in testimony, he needs us to live in testimony. I love you guys. Hope you have a good week.

Elder B. Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment