Monday, December 5, 2016

Brock - December 5

Man, what an exhausting week. We walked everywhere. We´ve been trying to find a new focus area this week, and evaluate the potential of some non-members that are relatives of members. But, after a long week, we didn´t end up having anyone at church, which is never fun. This week we´ll be back to the pavement, knocking doors and making contact with everyone again. 

Elder M. seems to be doing well. At least, I hope so. He´s pretty upbeat and always ready to get going again. I´m getting tired but I´ll keep going, too. 

Everyone here at our house is excited for Christmas, so this year has potential to be better than last year. We´ve got three strands of Christmas lights, a small tree with a few ornaments, and one of the zone leaders wants to buy brown paper and make a fake "fireplace", which would be cool. We´ve also got a packed schedule for events this month. We have a stake choir event in Itú, where the stake choir will sing Christmas carols in the square while we have a missionary table set up. We also have a Brazil-specific devotional this Sunday, the ward Christmas party (which we have to go to, because that´s where lunch will be), and the mission Christmas party. Not to mention the transfers on the third of January. in 2017. 

2017.

2017.

2017.

2017.

It´s already almost 2017! What the heck?! Where did all of this time go? How long have I been here? I feel like I´ve been here my whole life. Parker, the mission goes so fast. You´ll probably only see that at Christmas 2017, though. Even with all of the hard times that I have gone through in the mission, I´d never give up this opportunity to serve that I have been given. This time of my life, up until now, has been an incredible experience, and I only hope it can get better from here on out. I love you guys. 

Elder Blaylock



Cool bird of prey that was dive bombing a dachshund.


Our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment