Monday, November 7, 2016

Parker - November 7

Hey Everyone! Man has this been a WEEK. First of all, I have a horror story for you all. I know last week was halloween, but I´m still gonna share it. Wednesday Morning (and by morning, I mean like 2:30) While still half asleep, I feel some kind of object in my hand. I´m half asleep, so I don´t really think about it, I try to grab it and put it out of my bed, but it keeps slipping out of my grasp. Eventually I catch it on my arm.....only it squishes.....I fully wake up now, and throw it out of my bed, and yup THERE WAS A FREAKING COCKROACH IN MY BED!!!!!!!! And a pretty big one too. Sigh.  And on Friday, we head to Jujuy for a Zone Conference, and when we get up to go, I am feeling just awful. At first I thought it was just because I was tired, but then, about halfway through the conference, I realized that nope, I was sick, and I was about to vomit. I tried to run, but i lost it...three times until I hit the bathroom. I puked about two more times after this later at the zone conference and then again the next day, so I didn´t work at all on Friday or Saturday, just sat in my bed. But it wasn´t a picnic either. On Friday, I was super hot and had my chilling towel on my head the entire time.  But other than that, I´m doing alright. During companionship inventory, we worked through some things and now we´re working much better together. On Sunday, one of our super shy investigators (that´s going to get baptized this Saturday!) volunteered to give the last prayer in principles of the gospel class. It was so cool. But yeah, it´s awesome, we´re going to have a baptism this saturday, M. and J., two siblings who live basically in between two houses with a fence and a roof, and a dirt floor, and then D., who lives on that hill in a two-room shack, and who asks us questions like ´´God is Jehovah right?´´ and then the next would be the O. family, who live in a one room house surrounded by a fence, but came to Church the first sunday after we met them. It´s pretty cool to see the fruits of our labors. Elder O. says that this area hasn´t had a baptism in a while. Also, just some other things this week, I found out how they get less actives to church here: they have a special activity every Friday. It´s crazy. And I also found out that the scripture ´´feast on the word of Christ´´ (2 Nephi, 33:3) doesn´t translate well, instead it says ´´delight in the word of Christ´´ and in the footnotes it says something to the effect of ´´more like enjoy the word of Christ like you would a banquet or a feast´´ it was pretty funny when I found out. Anyway that´s all I have for you guys this week. I hope you´re all doing great! I love all of you!

Elder Blaylock




No comments:

Post a Comment