Monday, November 14, 2016

Parker - November 14

Well, I don´t have much this week, just my Baptism on saturday, my first ever Baptism. It was great, but a little stressful because we found out that one of the candidates did something that might have disqualified him from Baptism a few days before, so me and Elder O spent a lot of time calling Zone Leaders for advice, and then eventually the Mission President, as well as talking with the parents and Bishop. But eventually we worked it out and I was able to Baptize him. And yeah, we got news for Transfers. I´m staying here with Elder O because I´m still in training, but all of the other four missionaries (who were Sister Missionaries) left, and we´re getting two completely new missionaries and the two areas are gonna be combined and "whitewashed" which means basically starting from scratch. And we have to switch apartments, so us 4 elders are in one apartment. So yeah, still gonna have to do some moving around. But everything´s gonna work out. We also had a torrential rainstorm on Thursday. It was so crazy!  We went to an appointment and I felt some drops and looked up and there was one cloud in the sky and I was confused, but by the time we left the appointment, the streets were basically rivers. It was both awesome and insane at the same time. But I held up pretty well. I want to say to you all that I am super grateful for your support and everything. I love you all,

Elder Blaylock

PS I found out what made me sick last week. There´s this type of bread here called Bollo, basically imagine a pancake that tastes like bread. It´s really delicious, and it´s also served with meat. When I tried it, it wasn´t bad, but it really did a number on me, wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment