Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Parker - May 21

Hey everyone!

So yeah, first week of the new transfer, and it's been really great, actually. Even though I loved being district leader, I can free up some brain space now and focus more on just working. And it's shown in this past week, I think I've worked harder this past week than I did the entire last transfer. 

But anyway, mainly I've just been helping my comp get to know the members. Like always, there's mixed feelings, mainly due to the missionary who leaves. Some were so tired of my last comp, some of them are gonna miss him a lot. But the coolest thing is that we were able to finally sit down and teach Chachín's dad. I don't know if you guys remember Chachín, the kid we baptized a few weeks ago. But he was really receptive. The main problem we're gonna have with him is the fact that we can only see him on the weekends and he smokes. (though he wants to quit). 

But yeah, also, yesterday, we had a bunch of people in church. It was great. 

And for pday today, my current comp was trained by one of my former comps in an area a little bit south. So we went there so they could visit some of their converts and stuff. It was pretty fun. I was just along for the ride. 

But yeah, I don't got a lot to say. I guess I just want everyone to know that I'm way less stressed now in the mission. I just wanna work until the end. Which is why I think pres made me senior comp, to let me just focus on the work until the end. 

As for a spiritual thought, I've been studying Gifts of the Spirit a lot lately. And something super important for all of us to understand is that it is through the Light of Christ that we can exercise these gifts. What is the light of christ? To put it in simple terms, it's understanding one another, become one. When we are one, we can overcome any barrier caused by the "curses" we all deal with, like foreign languages, disease, confusion, spiritual blindness, etc. This is how Christ was able to overcome death, because what is death? In a word, separation, yet Christ can overcome death because He is one with the Father, and we can be one with Him. And when we are one with Him, we are no longer separated. 

But the key to the Light of Christ is love and charity. So, I exhort you, just as Mormon and Moroni exhort us at the end of the Book of Mormon, Moroni 7:48

48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

I love you all

Elder Blaylock

PS Got my flight plans today, Wednesday, August 8th. I will be HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment