Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Parker - June 18

Hey Everyone!

This has been a fun week. 

We had a Seventy from our Area Presidency, Elder Packer come to our mission, and we had a special conference.  
It was pretty good. He shared some really good idea on how to find new investigators, keep new converts, and reactivate less actives using Family History. 

Also, he said something that I loved, it was so great. So in the mission, they've been focusing a lot on numbers right? And President keeps telling us that the average in this mission is 1 out of every 25 new investigators gets baptized. And he asked how we could baptize more. A zone leader suggested that we could find more investigators. Elder Packer suggested that instead of that, we could focus on better finding methods, so the 25 we have are more likely to get baptized, and improving our teaching so that we could help them understand better. He said that if you use better finding and teaching methods, you could get it up to 4 out of every 25, cuz they did a study. 

It was really great, just what the mission needs. Cuz there are a lot of lazy missionaries when it comes to actually teaching. Their idea is "well, if they want to be baptized, they'll understand."

But yeah, it was really great. I loved the conference. I also gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. I decided to focus on Unity, cuz that's what this ward really needs. And I shared a lot about looking for the positives in others, a lot of what I've been sharing in my weekly emails lately. 

And yeah, apart from that, I did the math today and I have about 49 days until I go home. It's pretty crazy. This is my last week before my last transfer. I don't think anything drastic is gonna happen with me, they'll probably let me end here tranquilo in Lastenia. I hope so, anyway, love you all!

Elder Blaylock






No comments:

Post a Comment