Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Jack - May 7

Helloooo all my people! This week was weird again. Super short. Super long.

Nah but seriously it was a good week. We played Volleyball with the Mission President last monday and it was pretty fun. The craziest part though is when he serves the ball... He throws it up in the air then bashes it with his elbow! And it works! Really well! Hahaha, it was fun, I think we`ll do it again today.

Last tuesday was a day bien milagroso. We had some experiences that were pretty awesome. First off there´s this grandpa of one of the recent converts here, named J, who is awesome. He´s a funny dude who just loves to chat with us and crack up laughing. The problem is, when we pass by for his house, he normally leaves to greet us and chat for like 5 minutes, then tells us he doesn´t have time to talk with us today but that he´ll call when he has time. Then he never calls. But this time was different. I ministered to him! I felt like the Prophet Russell M. Nelson in his story about ministering! J left to greet us like normal and as he was chatting he mentioned how he used to work as a photographer and still has a bunch of equipment, and suddenly I thought to mention "Hey my brother and my Mom also love photography, it sounds pretty cool, I´d love to learn a bit more about it sometime." He got pretty excited to show me one day. Then I realized "Hey look, I´ve got some of their photos here!" Then I showed him the pictures I had with me of my family and friends, and he really enjoyed it. Then he mentioned a little about his family and I said to him, "You know what, we share a special message about families, we´d love to share it with you for just 10-15 minutes" And he let us in! We taught about the Plan of Salvation and it was awesome! Then at the end he went and brought out some of his old camaras, and I´ve gotta admit they were pretty cool. I didn´t understand them. But they were fun haha.

We also went to visit some less active members later that day and it was awesome as well. They didn`t have any power in their house for some reason, but they invited us in and at the beginning they really didn`t want much to do with us. They even told us that they hadn´t felt the spirit or anything special to do with the church in over a year. So we tryed to get to know them a little more and figure out the message they needed to hear.  (side note, this week I gave a training session in the district meeting) and I decided to apply the things I´d been studying. The main focus of my studies was how to help people realize that we´re representatives of Jesus Christ, sent to help them. And I found the answer in the Book of Mormon, in Moroni 7:13. Which says that all good things are from God, all that invites and persuades to do good is of God, and is inspired of Him. (I don`t have it with me in english right now, it´s a rough translation) But applying that scripture I invited one of the members to repent. I testified, and promised him that if he did it he would feel the spirit again. Later we started sharing our testimonies again and invited them to do the same. He didn´t say much, but he just looked at me and thanked me. He said that it´d been so long since someone had made a promise like that to him, and that he knew he could trust it. I testified again that even though it was only like the second time I´ve met him, that I was sent by Jesus Christ to help him personally in his life. That even though I didn´t know him that well, Jesus Christ did.

And really that´s how it is as a missionary. We´re called of God to minister to others, to guide them back to Him. He has sent us to wherever we are to be representatives of His Son. Listen to the missionaries. Invite them to your home and listen to them. If you´re a member or not. I know that the missionaries serving wherever you are were called their to help you. Let them. Let Christ help you.

Those are the thoughts I´ll share this week, along with a bunch of pictures of like 2 places in Quintero. Feel free to get a little jealous, because it´s pretty beautiful and that´s only a small part of it. Though we can´t go down to the beach so don´t get too jealous ;)

Also random fact from last week I forgot- Last week during an activity to go contacting in ViƱa with the zone, I contacted a chinese family who had just moved to Chile about two months ago. They were really excited to meet with us and even though we couldn´t communicate much with them they ended up going to church the next week. It was awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment