Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Parker - January 9

Hey Everyone, 

Not much happened this week sounds like, so I`ll just go ahead and describe Tucuman for you guys and my situation as far as ``la obra misional`` is. I`m not sure if I said it before, but this place reminds me of a strange mixture of Arizona and Maryland, I don`t know why, just sometimes I get a certain feel that feels like either place. I`m sorry I  am not doing so well with the pictures this time, but there are some serious thief problems here. Especially in our area, there are a few parts of our area that are pretty dangerous and we rarely work there. We also have a basically closed down area that is technically attatched to our area. Elder L took me there to see why its basically closed down. It`s because literally everyone there is closed off in their homes. We can`t contact in the street because nobody listens to us, we can`t get into houses to teach, and the houses we can go into, we can`t get references to other houses or go back to that house for a while because they`re ``busy.`` It is a very difficult area, so we don`t work there most of the time. Concerning the ward, well, unfortunately it is stuck in a bad cycle. It`s frustrating. It is also hard to get people to go to church, there is a family that lives literally right in front of the church, and when we ask them, they say that they just can`t make it to church. Concerning some of the people we work with a lot, we have J, who wants to quit drugs and come to church, but when we  came to pick him up on sunday, the person who answered the door lied and said he wasn`t home when he was, and never mentioned us to him when he went back inside. And then we have a great investigator who we were able to bring to church, her name is A, and she was a Literature teacher, so she loves the Book of Mormon, she says it just makes so much sense and that it was clearly written perfectly, the only problem is that She has two boys in her home that are very rowdy and make things very hard. And we also have a very very nice lady named I, who is practically a member of the Church, except she can´t get baptized because she´s living with someone she is not married to. So she either has to marry him or get separated from him, the only problem is that she is not legally divorced from her real husband, and she can`t to much to separate from the man she`s living with. Elder L and I are trying to do our best to liven up the ward to help us a little with some of these less actives. Because there`s so many, and we can`t do them all. But anyways, thats all I have this week, hope you all are doing great!

Love,
Elder Blaylock

PS We went to a Walmart to shop today, and I found a real snickers bar, I was so happy. There are so few things here that taste the same as the United States. Its so hard, I miss food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment