Monday, January 30, 2017

Parker - January 30

Hey Everyone! It sounds like you guys have had a pretty cool week. My week hasn`t been too exciting, just a couple things. We had a worldwide missionary transmission on wednesday, it was really good, I took lots of notes. And then, at the end, they talked about all of the changes, and yeah, we have already implemented these changes into our mission, I don`t know why, maybe my mission president got the memo a bit earlier. The only difference between the schedule shown in the transmission and the one we use is that we wake up at 7:00, not 7:30, but its alright, we can go to bed eariler now if we want. Also, we used to be four elders in the apartment, me, my companion, who is the district leader, and the other two elders, who are the zone leaders, but now they moved to an apartment that is better situated for their area, as it is pretty huge. We have been working hard, trying to reactivate members and find new people to teach as well, we found like three new investigators, and its pretty cool. M. and her two daughters, who listen very attentively and love the Book of Mormon, we have been trying to teach them the plan of salvation because two of her other children died in a fire last year, but its hard to find them at their house. We also have F. and M., who just moved from Buenos Aires and have a young son. We found them due to the new schedule actually, we were a ways from the apartment, and it was like 9:30, so we technically should have been going back there as soon as we could have, but I see this guy selling something on the street called Choripan (Basically like a sausage sandwich), and my companion loves Choripan, so we stop, because we can be a little late to the apartment if we have to, and while the food is cooking, F., the guy, starts asking us some questions and it just turned into a great contact, and we visited them again, and they are really cool. Also this week, on Tuesday, I went on splits with Elder A., the zone leader, and he showed me a part of our area that was recently added and used to be a part of his old area, and we found an old investigator of his that is super interested and wants to progress. There have been more than a few times this week where I have just said to myself ``I love this gospel`` because seeing the change that the atonement brings into people`s lives is just so beautiful to see, and being guided by the spirit to the Lord`s chosen is just something really wonderful to see. I love all of you, and I wish you all a stronger testimony of these truths every day.

Love,
Elder Blaylock

PS I learned how to make empanadas, so watch out family ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment