Thursday, July 6, 2017

Parker - June 26

Hey everybody!

Well, sounds like it´s been a busy week for everybody. I have also had quite a week. First off, that´s really scary what happened to Brother L, he´s definitely going into my prayers. 

Anyway, about my week, well, it´s been a little crazy. On Tuesday, we went to the main city to have a three-zone conference with the Mission President. There were a bunch of missionaries there, almost 40 missionaries, one of them was my previous zone, so I saw a bunch of missionaries that I already knew. The conference itself was pretty good, it was basicially a huge Book of Mormon training conference. It was completely focused on the Book of Mormon, because it really is the keystone of our religion, every single point of doctrine that we share as missionaries somehow relates back to whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. Just a side note, I´ve been studying the Book of Mormon lately, while marking up scriptures that I like, good missionary scriptures, or really important pieces of doctrine. And I recently just got done with all of the war chapters in Alma, before I started the war chapters, I was a little apprehensive, because I thought my book of mormon was gonna be totally marked up except for a large blank spance spanding from Alma chapter 45 or so until 63. But, as I studied with prayer, I was able to fine many very good scriptures in that part of the book. There is doctrine everywhere in the book, no part is insignificant, not the large war in Alma neither the tiny entires in Omni. I can really testify that I have no doubts that that book is true. 
It was also the last time with this mission president, this saturday the new one comes in to replace him, he seems really great, from what I heard. 

So yeah, other than that, WE HAD A BAPTISM! Yeah, when we met the guy, I wasn´t sure that he was gonna make it, but he did. J L. He´s 67 years old and has led a very interesting life. But about a month ago, we met him, as he´s the Godfather of one of the members in the Twig. But as we´ve taught and explained things to him, and more importantly, as he has read the Book of Mormon and prayed fervently, he has made huge changes in his life, and he was able to be baptized and be confirmed. He is the first man in the Twig, Santa Ana, to be baptized there, and we´re working with him so he can receive the priesthood and we can really organize the church there. Just to let you guys know how excited he is to start in the gospel, he paid his tithing as soon as he was able and he immediately began setting about to establish a better place for us to congregate when we go to the Twig on Sundays. It was really cool to see him change and be baptized. 

Other than that, it was a pretty chill week. We´ve got an interesting week ahead of us again as well. We are going to have Companion Exchanges twice as long so my companion can help out another area in the District. 

Anyway, Love you all!

Elder Blaylock



Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment