Thursday, July 6, 2017

Parker- July 3

Hey Everybody! Wow this week seems like it went by really fast. 

To start, we didn`t do the extended companion exchanges. My comp has been pretty discouraged, and we rescheduled the exhanges and reduced them back down to normal. But yeah, my comp`s had a pretty rough time, cuz of his family situation and with his girlfriend. They haven`t broken up, but for the past two weeks or so, he hasn´t received any mail on pday. So, Wednesday, after doing personal study and daily planning, he let me know how discouraged he was with everything, with the lack of progress in the area, with his emotional problems and everything. So I supported him and tried to comfort him. I used two scriptures in Helaman Chapter 3. The first one talks about how there was still great contention all throughout the land, yet Helaman still tried and made an effort to be righteous and to do everything the Lord had commanded him, and I related it to how with us as missionaries, it doesn`t matter if after all we do, there`s still contention in the land. We have no control over the free will of others, we do, however have control over what we do. In Chapter One of Preach My gospel, there`s a section where it describes a Sucessful Missionary, and there is no point there that says that their Key Indicators are the highest in the mission. If we try to have the Spirit with us and Testify about what we teach, God considers us sucessful missionaries. The other scripture I shared was the one near the end, verse 35. Where it talks about yielding our hearts to God. I asked him what he thought that means. He said that it means trying to be more obedient to the rules, dedicating oursleves more to doing the work. I said no. I said sometimes it means that we have to take that which we love the most and yield it to Him. 

And yeah, after that, we`ve been working hard to try and get everything ready for the location change for the chapel in Santa Ana, the twig. I`m sending pics so you guys can see the end results.

Other than that, not much has happened. Although I did fall off my bike three times in the last week alone. So now both my arms and my legs hurt. 

Transfers are in a couple weeks. And I realized that this next transfer is gonna be my only transfer in my mission where I am the only member of my immediate family in the mission field. Cuz after this next transfer, the next one starts in September, when Jack enters the MTC. And its also the transfer where I`ll reach the halfway point. 
I don`t know if I`m gonna stay here, my comp wants to, but I kinda don`t. Two transfers here is enough for me. 

Love you all!
Elder Blaylock







No comments:

Post a Comment