Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Brock - December 19

So this week was really good. We worked a lot but it payed off on Friday. One of our investigators has been keeping our commitments and received her answer Friday morning when she went to pray on her own away from other people a la Joseph Smith. So Elder M. had his first baptism on Sunday! It was really good. Now we´re looking to help her family. 

This week has also wiped me out, with Christmas coming. Our enthusiasm for having a fun Christmas made us...overly...enthusiastic...and now I am a poor boy. But, decisions were made by me and so I cannot complain. 

It is getting steadily hotter up here. And rainy. It most certainly not beginning to look a lot like Christmas nearly anywhere you go. Downfall of spending Christmas in the Southern hemisphere. (They call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch: starts to melt in my clutch...I´m too much). It also doesn´t help that Christmas is treated basically exactly like New Year´s here; wait until midnight with a party, watch fireworks, eat. They don´t have any of that same feeling we have with a whole season. My companion is very...logic...based and therefore doesn´t get too much into seasonal activities as much as the rest of us. 

Other than all that, I´m doing good. The ward Christmas party was last Saturday, we went because it was our lunch. This week we´ll have the mission party. By the way, my zone leader Elder W. told me that in his friend´s mission (in Europe) their assistants texted them the LIST of approved MOVIES that they can watch until 12:30!!! And STAR WARS 7 IS ON THAT LIST!! What the heck is this?! Why doesn´t this happen to me? Our Christmas party will involve basically another multizone conference, some musical performances, and food. Nothing more. 
s o  s a d. 

Anyway, I love you guys. Can´t wait to talk on Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment