Monday, December 12, 2016

Brock - December 12

So this week we worked until we were exhausted every day, and we managed to bring four people to church. So that´s great. We´ll try to get the rest of the family to church next week. 

On Sunday we had a Brazil-wide transmission. There was the (I think) second counselor in the general primary presidency, who spoke very good portuguese, the area Brasil President, and an Argentian Seventy who also spoke portuguese, and Elder Holland, who tried (t...r...i...e...d...t r i e d ) to speak portuguese. It was...not good. So after about two minutes he stopped and the translator took over. I was kind of bummed because it was just a transmission. Two apostles have visited Brazil at other times this year, one of them in the neighboring city! and I still haven´t gotten a chance to meet them personally. This reminds me of the time at BYUi when Elder Holland went there, but so many people went to the devotional that I couldn´t even see him from the audience. I had to watch the screen, and it was like just watching General Conference. Oh, well. Someday my chance will come. Still sad though. 

This week has also been kind of weird because 1: I found out that one of my former American companions who is already at home tried to make bolinha de chuva, which is like funnel cake in ball form, and the oil caught fire and exploded. Luckily his stepdad is a firefighter, but it looks like maybe my comp punctured his lung somewhere. It´s not fatal at this stage though. And 2: One of my other companions who also already finished his mission moved to Salto, to the other ward. So after the transmission ended I stood up and turned around and found him waiting behind me. So that was also surprising. 

Don´t have a lot more than that for this week. Started getting hotter, and has been raining here. Got a hair cut (silent tears). My companion got a bad hair cut. Worse than his previous hair cut.

Love you guys. Have a good week.

Haircut day:


No comments:

Post a Comment