Monday, December 12, 2016

Parker - December 12

Wow, what a week, and this next one is going to be even busier. First of all, at the leadership meeting on tuesday, when we were setting a goal for baptisms for december, and people were putting in what they thought, my companion said 10 (the number we know we can get). One person tried for 13, but he didn´t get much support, and mostly everyone was just saying 11. And the Zone Leader who was conducting the meeting turned to me last and asked what I thought, and I panicked and didn´t know what to do, so I shot for the middle and said 12. And guess what happened? Nearly everyone changed their answer to 12...What just happened? Did my habit of shooting for the middle compromise just influence hardened missionaries? Just wow, oh my gosh. Anyway, moving on, Friday was a strange day, we started off with the Mini Missionary in the other area deciding he wanted to go home, and when we talked with the Mission President, he asked if it could wait until Monday. And then, that night, we had a Talent Show at the Church, and we were doing a representation of Nephi and his brothers going to get the brass plates, I was Nephi because I was the youngest and tallest (just like Nephi). It was fun, but super strange. Also, we didn´t think about how we were going to get Laban off the stage when he was ´´dead´´ and couldn´t move, so I just grabbed his legs and dragged him off stage, everybody laughed, they thought it was so great. And then, at the end of the day, the Mini told us that he had changed his mind and he´s going to stay for the rest of the transfer. What a weird day. And also on Saturday, we had Training with the Zone, and it fell on me to give a testimony about what we were supposed to study in Preach My Gospel this week. (They´re supposed to be a surprise, but I knew it was coming, so I made sure to prepare), And everyone liked it, so that´s cool. Also, during the practices, it just so happened to work out that the three newest missionaries got put in a group together (But Elder S. and Hermana P. are cool, so it was fine), and we had to teach basically Tony Stark way before he became Iron Man, so he was pretty snotty, but we managed to get him to accept a baptismal date (It was a practice, but still). And today we did some service and I am totally burnt out. And this week, we have meetings, Choir practice, I have Trámites on Thursday (still don´t know what that is, but at least I´ll see some of my MTC friends, it´s going to be everyone from my group). And we have a Christmas Conference AND a multi-sone conference to do. AND we´re going to have a Baptism this saturday (The father of the two kids we baptized a couple weeks ago, and a little girl who wasn´t baptized when she was 8, despite being born in the Church.) and afterwards, one of the recent converts that we visit a lot, and is also now the President of the Young Men´s, is putting on an activity, showing a video of the stories in the Book of Mormon. Sigh, we've got lots to do, but I am excited to get it all done. I want you all to know that nothing is impossible and that the Lord makes up the difference so long as we put in our all. There´s a saying I heard at the MTC, I´m not sure who said it, but I really like it. All God asks us to do is try, but we really have to try. what this means is that when we feel tired and want to stop, we need to ask ourselves ´´have I really tried?´´ If so, then we can slow down, relax, and let the Lord take care of things, If not, then we must get back up and keep trying. I want you all to remember what Peter said to Christ when Christ asked him and the apostles if they would leave too, ´´To whom would we go? ye have the words of eternal life.´´ leaving and giving up would solve some problems, yes, but it would also create more problems, and now we don´t have the Almighty promise that our Father in Heaven will help us with our problems. I want you all to know that I love you, and I pray for you all to have a stronger testimony every day, and that testimony only comes from the sunday school answers, pray, read the scriptures, and go to church (Here they call it OLA, Orar, Leer, Asistir). 
Love,
Elder Blaylock


Ward talent show:


No comments:

Post a Comment