Monday, December 10, 2018

Jack - December 10

Well, another transfer goes flying by, it definitely was the fastest one yet. As for transfer news I`ll be staying training someone else on how to be zone leader. My new companion`s name is Elder Rosado, but other than that I don`t know him.

Here at the end of another change, in a little bit of reflection, these past two changes right at the end, I`ve learned some powerful lessons on love-(not romantic love, just love in general)

Here are my thoughts.

I was in Quintero for 7 and a half months, throughout that whole time I was teaching a family. Right at the end, the two boys were able to be baptized, which was incredible. But with them I learned as I said a powerful lesson. When we started teaching them, one of the boys wasn`t really interested, he didn`t pay much attention, he didn`t want to be baptized, but he enjoyed being there with us. His brother, always surprised with his spirit and maturity with regards to the gospel. And so, when I arrived I focused more on the one who was more receptive and I always tried hard to gain his trust. Meanwhile his brother, took a particular liking to me. As time went on the two of them started to gain interest and participate more. Then we lost them for a time. And finally, in my last transfer with Elder Cenname we baptized them. And now, as we went to say goodbye. The hardest was to say goodbye to the one who at first, wasnt as focused. I felt the amount of love he had for me and that he was truly sad to see me go. Obviously everyone was sad, I`m amazing. But what I learned was that even though I tried so hard in the beginning to "earn" the trust and love of the other, his brother had simply loved and trusted in me.

Love, cannot be earned. It can only be given. Give freely

At the close of this past transfer, yesterday my companion Elder Cruz and I went to say goodbye to one of the families of the ward. It was a heartfelt moment. Even more special than any normal goodbye. Since the beginning of his mission, this family has supported and loved Elder Cruz. Their son served a mission in Brazil, and after seeing how the members looked after their son, decided they would do the same for any brazilians who came to the mission. And so from the beginning Elder Cruz` mom and the family have been in contact, sending him little treats from brazil or things like that. Until, Elder Cruz arrived to serve in their very area. Now watching their goodbyes was a powerfull experience. Afterwards he just said to me, "this is awful, Like at the beginning of my mission, I just said goodbye to my family again." Anybody who`s served knows the pain of saying goodbye to their family to go on a mission.

Love, is home. Love is belonging. 

There are so many out there longing for gifts of love and belonging. There are so many longing for home. Love unconditionally.

Have a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment