Monday, June 5, 2017

Parker - June 5

Hey Everyone!

Sounds like you guys have had a crazy week! Grad parties, Seminary, and a surprise camping trip! Sounds like a lot of fun. 

Yeah, my week has been pretty interesting. Where to start? Oh yeah, so, wednesday, my comp wakes up and says ´´alright, we´re doing splits with the other elders today´´ Cuz he´s district leader, he has to do splits or exhanges with the other elders in his district, and we´ve been trying to figure out a day to do it, but its hard cuz they lost their phone, so they have no means of communicating, so we just hopped over there and surprised them. I went there, with the senior companion. Everybody´s been kinda worrying about him cuz that area is really hard, they almost never have lunch, and he´s just kinda become discouraged, also, a couple transfers ago, he was with another elder and they were fairly disobedient, he showed me his souvenirs from that time, which includes a list of movies such as Rogue One, Beauty and the Beast, Logan, Suicide Squad, and Doctor Stange (all in spanish of course). We obviously did not watch any of them, but still, it was really weird. He told me that he wants to change though, he actually threw out all that stuff and he´s planning on being more obedient. 

And friday, we head to the twig, Santa Ana, and guess what? Something has happened. Ok, so here´s the situation: There´s the house we go to when we do the Sacrament on Sundays, where Sister V lives, and she´s got quite a few sons, who are of course all grown now, but they all live there. A little ways away lives a recent convert and her husband. All of the men work in the Lemon harvest, the Recent Convert´s husband is like the boss or whatever, and something happened on Sunday at work, and each one came home and told a different story to their wives, then, the wives started fighting and gossipping. So we spent Friday night standing outside trying to get people to get along.

And now, Saturday, we did service in the morning for a family of investigators, putting together a garden in their yard. And in the afternoon, we go down this one street we always take to get to an investigator´s house, but they weren´t there, so we´re heading back, and this dog starts coming up to me on the bike and starts barking. Now, this happens sooooooo often here, that I am just so sick and tired of it. So I try to shoo it away, which usually gets them to go away. Except this dog has lightning fast reflexes and managed to simultaneously dodge my kick and clamp on my leg. So I shake him off and just decide to get out of there asap. As I´m leaving, he locks onto me again...I was not happy, because now, I´m down to even LESS pants. and I have some scrapes on my leg. He didn´t really bite me, just kinda slammed into me with his teeth. So we went to the ER, they cleaned it up, and told me to put ice on it. 

Then, on Sunday, we had district conference, went pretty well. And it the afternoon, we went back to cSanta Ana to sort out the whole fighting thing, and managed to convince some of them to get along.
So yeah, that was my week.

Love
Elder Blaylock






No comments:

Post a Comment