Monday, May 8, 2017

Parker - May 8

Hey everybody!

So yeah, I´m in a new area. It´s a branch and not a ward. And we have a twig attatched to our branch. So every Sunday, we do our sacrament meeting like normal, then we take a Pirata (the word they use for the fake, slightly illegal taxis here, means Pirate, kinda cool) about a half hour away and do another sacrament meeting for the members in that area. It´s pretty weird. We also have bikes here, and while I can handle myself pretty well on the bike, I´m always way behind my comp and I cannot hop the curbs like he can, first time I tried I crashed, hard. Messed up the wheel a little bit, not to mention my palms. Also, that area that´s like a half hour away has the worst roads I have ever seen, I´m constantly bouncing up and down on them, and it doesn´t help that we are there while its night, and there aren´t hardly any lamposts there, so I´m also in the dark. It´s a pretty cool adventure, but also terrifying. 

On the subject of Mothers Day, yes, I will be able to call you guys, I´m just gonna have to do it in a internet bar and I have to use kinda sketchy headphones and a mic, I don´t know how well it´ll work out. But if it does, I´ve got at the very least a good hour to talk. We´re doing our meetings in the other area earlier next sunday, so around 4 or 5 I should be signing on. With luck, me and brock could overlap. 

I´m doin ok. Just kinda bummed cuz in my other area, I would´ve had basically the perfect situation to call home, and I could´ve stayed there for another transfer without any problem. My companion says that he thinks that I´ll only stay here for this transfer, maybe the next two transfers. So I don´t know, I´ll try to make the best of my time here. It also stinks cuz this transfer its my birthday, and if I had stayed, I could´ve celebrated it there with all of the people I had gotten to know. I don´t want to sound too down, I am doing alright, I just find myself writing a lot more in my journal to kinda get my feelings worked out. 

Anyway, hope you guys are doing great, thanks for all the support and the prayers.

Love
Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment