Monday, May 22, 2017

Brock - May 22

Hey everybody! It feels like it´s been four months since I talked with you all on Skype. For real. Anyway, this week was fine. Unfortunately, we weren´t able to take anyone to church this week, even though we had a big group of people we wanted to bring. We also had a fairly uncomfortable Sunday lunch with a non-member family that have a son in the mission-field ("You Americans are like this! Trump is doing that! Pentecostalism!"), but afterwards, they gave my companion a brand-new shoulder bag and gave us both a bunch of food. Also, it rained so much this weekend. I was very wet. My umbrella that I had purchased for 25 reais had lasted about 25 reais (three weeks) so I was left with only a rain jacket, which doesn´t protect your legs. Technically speaking, I have that trenchcoat that Dad used in his mission--but I don´t feel like being robbed immediately upon leaving our apartment.

Well, I´ve only got nine weeks left. Man, it is so weird. Even though I said it felt like so long since I talked with you guys, the week felt like it passed by really fast. I guess that´s why it seems like I don´t have that much to write about. We changed our focus area, but we might not stay there for very long, because my last companion almost literally knocked at every door. Today my companion had a seemingly-elect lady make contact with him--during P-Day--so that is always fun. Memorable quote from the last transfer that I actually forgot until now: "Those Mormons are just like those Dead Poets´ Society Boys--nobody knows what they´re up to." (Maybe it was funnier because I didn´t expect her to reference this movie).

Anyway, I love you guys. Until next week.
Elder Blaylock



No comments:

Post a Comment