Monday, February 6, 2017

Parker - February 6

Hey everyone, quite an interesting week this week.

So first of all, we had trámites again on Tuesday. I got to see a couple elders from the mtc again, that was pretty cool. I tried mangos for the first time, I think they are gross and they remind me of eating pine needles. We helped a member move a couple blocks, so we had to carry an oven and a fridge for a couple blocks. Iit was hard. On Thursday, the family we had lunch with cancelled on us, so my companion made some pretty good french toast. We didn`t have syrup, but it was still pretty good. We have a baptism this Saturday, so watch out for pictures. It`s A. We haven`t been able to visit her for a while, and when we finally did get at her house, at first she was ranting on about a grammatical error at the end of Our Legacy (Yeah, she`s been reading practically any book written by the church, she was a literature teacher), and then she got quiet and told us that no matter what, she wanted to be baptized because she knows that this is where the salvation is, and where all of the answers are. One thing I have noticed about converts here, one of the reasons why they like our church above others is because we care about the members and we actually teach them and answer their questions. So whenever we`re complaining about a church class, maybe we should take a step back and count our blessings. Other than that, I have had an increase in the amount of nosebleeds over the past few days, I don`t know what happened, but I think I`ve got it under control, it`s just really difficult when you`re walking in the street and then the floodgates open. Other than that, we had transfers, both me and Elder Lutes are staying here for another transfer, so not much has changed. Other than all that, I`m doing great, learning a lot, I love you all!

Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment