Monday, February 13, 2017

Parker - February 13

BAPTISM!!!

So Yeah, we had a baptism on Saturday, it was pretty cool, not a whole lot of people went, but there was still enough there to make it nice. Her cousin, who is the Bishop`s first counselor, performed the baptism, which was a cool experience for them both. Other than that, we had a fairly interesting week. We were passing the chapel one day and this one lady started yelling at us, cuz she saw that there were dogs in there and thought that they were ``locked up`` (they literally go in and out as they please, they are so malnourished that they fit easily through the bars) but it was just so funny cuz she was just getting angry for absolutely no reason. Anyway, other news to do with the baptism, we did exhanges the morning of the baptism so the zone leaders could do the interview. So I went with Elder M. to his area...on bike....it was ok, it just murdered by rear end. But Elder M is cool, he`s Mexican, and I like Mexicans because they speak so clearly and in understandable spanish, as opposed to ``Tucumano Básico`` which is what people speak here. ``Paque Eso?`` instead of ``Para qué es eso?`` and ``Ya te dicho`` instead of ``Ya te he dicho.`` But I`m getting better at understanding it. Anyway, also, after the confirmation of A. on Sunday, I had to give a talk...about baptism! It was honestly really easy. Also, about pdays, last pday, we tried to make some dipping foods, the nacho cheese was a disaster, literally it just hardened like a rock. But Afterwards we made dipping chocolate which was amazing, I sent some photos of that, and then today, guess what we made?

Wait for it............

Scones!!!!!!!

Yeah! and they turned out delicious too, the only problem is we may have eaten too much.....
But other than that, that was my week. About transfers, I know that they won`t be coming up for a while, but I am just now realizing that it is very well possible that after this transfer, I could become senior companion, district leader, AND train. Because first of all, with both of my companions that has happened to them, all three at once, and I noticed that people are becoming senior companions earlier now. If that is what the Lord wants me to do, I`ll do it, but I`m not sure how well I`d do. But anyway, that`s all I have this week, I love you all.

Elder Blaylock








No comments:

Post a Comment