Monday, February 13, 2017

Brock - February 13



Hey everybody! So we got the transfer news on Saturday night. I´ll be staying here with Elder L  and Elder J will go...(drumroll please)...to Salto! Yep, that´s right. Elder J is going to the area I just left from. So that will be interesting. 

This week was normal. Lots of knocking at doors. On my birthday we accidentally ate really nice steak. Long story. We received money for lunch on Thursday, and Elder J gave me all the responsibility for choosing what we would eat, because "after all, it´s your birthday." I´m sure you guys know by now that I´m pretty indecisive. After wandering around for a very long time, we accidentally ended up in an expenive "bistro" with poorly written French and English all over the walls and menu. I nearly choked when I saw the prices. Everything was like, over a hundred reais. The waiter who attended us (very closely), however, had mentioned a "beef and potato" option, if we desired, and I asked him how much it was with the full intention of leaving. It was only R$ 20. I thought, "Well, it´s probably just a scrappy little cut of meat and some cheap fries," and so I agreed to this plate. To our great surprise, we received the plate pictured below. We also had brownies and ice cream that night. 

So, after yet another mighty struggle, we ended up not having anyone at church but we did baptize S. Now, has had her baptism date since Elder J first found her five months ago, and due to marriage bureaucracy here in Tatuí, she only got married last Saturday. Normally, I wouldn´t credit myself with I having had done anything to help her be baptized, but how we have labored this transfer to get her to quit smoking! Last Monday she took her last puff of a cigarette and hasn´t smoked since. So that´s done.

Love you guys, have a great week!
Elder Blaylock









No comments:

Post a Comment