Monday, April 9, 2018

Jack - April 2

TRANSFERS...

Drumroll please!

I´m off to Viña!!!!!!

That´s right! By wednesday I´ll be in my new zone, which is Viña del Mar! ¡Qué Genial! Apparently my area is Quintero, which is a town that´s like 45 minutes to an hour away from Viña, which kind of stinks to be so far away from everyone but I´ve heard great things about the area! It´s apparently beautiful because it´s a bunch of beaches, I think someone told me it´s a peninsula, so that´ll be awesome. It´ll be cool to be closer to the mission president and the office, if I´m there for a lot of time I´ll be able to get to know the current president before he leaves and the new one when he gets here. Someone also mentioned that it´s supposedly the area that has the most success in the mission... which´ll be a bit different than Placilla. I don´t really know who my companion will be but I´m super excited, I feel like I´m moving forward. The only problem is now I have to pack.

This week was super busy, we had two activities in Placeres and then with the General Conference we didn´t have a ton of time this week to get a lot of work done. But it was awesome.

General Conference was so good! Lots of new changes and great messages. By the end I was just so excited for everything! I love the new ministering idea instead of home and visiting teaching, I think it´ll be awesome, and the whole Priesthood session of conference was incredible, greater understanding of what the Priesthood is and does and more focus on caring for each and every member of the church. I really felt the Spirit strongly all during conference. I liked how all of the talks seemed to focus on the importance of seeking and recognizing the influence of the Holy Ghost, and also about understanding and fulfilling our responsibilities as members of the church and disciples of Jesus Christ. 

I hope everyone had an awesome week this week and was able to enjoy Easter, I hope everyone was able to listen to General Conference and I invite everyone to listen to and study it in order to find more direction in your life. This time next week, I´ll be in Viña. ¡Chao!





No comments:

Post a Comment