Monday, March 12, 2018

Parker - March 5

Hey Everyone!

We've had a pretty good week this week. 

We've found some investigators with some pretty good potential, and we had five investigators in Church this week. So we're most likely gonna have a couple baptisms this month. 

The one with the most potential to make it is named E. He's the cousin of a member who's come up from Buenos Aires to turn his life around. His cousin introduced him to us and he went to church and he's really interested. He's really excited to turn his life around. 

Also something interesting. His cousin, the member, has a brother, who's also a member, but....

Well, he's a little crazy, and he thinks he's Jesus Christ. My companion told me that a few months ago after he was baptised, he started to think he was Jesus, and he was serious about it. He went around to other churches and stood in front of the congregations to announce that he is jesus christ and that if they didn't believe in him, they would perish. Supposedley he's calmed down about it, but I met him last night. And he's still a little crazy, cuz he wears all white and keeps his hair and beard in Jesus' style. He also just goes around preaching to people, and baptizing, even though he has no authority to do so, (he never received the priesthood). But, I did receive kind of a confirmation when I was talking to him. He was talking to me about some of the things he preaches, (he was trying to preach to me) and I was able to counter and correct his doctrinal mistakes. I wasn't bible-bashing, but it was a confirmation of the promise that the servants of the Lord will not be confounded before the world. 

And I've also realized something extremely important for everyone who wishes to attack the Church and those who believe in God and things like that. There is one thing that they can't deny: That those who live the principles of the Gospel are just happier. Just think about it. The people who spend their time attacking people's belief in God, or the Church, or certain  Church practices, they're just miserable people. They think that they're smarter and that they're not "fools who believe in such nonsense," but they just lead miserable lives. 

I myself have fallen prey to this type of thinking before. Maybe not with the Gospel, but with other things. Cynical people, even though they think that they are smarter than others because they can see the holes, just lead miserable lives. A cynical person just isn't a happy person. So I've decided to try and be less cynical from now on. And just try to be happy about life, and try and be grateful for the things God has given me. 

With regards to what we've done in the week. Not much, we're just working hard. Some funny excerpts include my companion buying a weight-loss thing and it turning out to just be the equivalent of like Six laxatives. It was kinda funny. And one day I left to go out to work putting on sunscreen and had to come back to the apartment within the hour to put on a rain coat.

I also got my package!!!!! Which you may have noticed from the video I sent. Thank you so much family! I know it wasn't much, but it means a lot, it really does. 

I think that's all I really had to say this week, I love you all!

Elder Blaylock

Mom edit: We mailed that package in November! I can't believe he actually got it. Very happy. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment