Monday, March 12, 2018

Jack - March 12

Hey guys, I hope everything is going well. I have some news for you. Apparently last week I completed 6 months in the mission!? How crazy, time is flying, we´ve got to make the most of it.

This week was interesting, I don´t remember a ton because I haven´t really taken time to kind of decompress for this week. But anyways there are a couple of experiences I´ll share.

We had to leave one of our investigators this week, a Haitian named Wisner, the one out of our Haitian investigators who understood the most Spanish. We started teaching him out of the Book of Mormon and his brother came over pretending to have a headache and saying he wanted to listen to us to relax a little. Then he pulled out his little pocket Bible. He then went pretty hardcore into bible bashing, and my companion knows the scriptures pretty well so he could´ve refuted and explained it all, but Bible bashing never works. It´s like why I can´t be a lawyer, despite what my parents say. I always used logic to explain and present whatever idea I wanted to them, but something I´ve realized is that even if you´re right, you can´t argue with someone who isn´t willing to listen. Logic won´t matter. Who´s right won´t matter. Anyways, basically later in the week we had to stop teaching him because his brother convinced him that the Book of Mormon is false.

The other crazy experience this week was that we stopped by for some members who are awesome, and just when I was about to share a message with them, the husband stopped me and asked if I could teach what he wanted to hear. I was a little confused until he told me he wanted me to explain what´s a companionship inventory (it´s a mission thing, he´s a return missionary). Basically it´s a meeting to resolve any problems in a relationship. So I was a little freaked out because it´s a pretty delicate topic. That and we were in exchanges so I was with a new missionary who didn´t have any experience. It ended really well though and I got to see the difference we can make when we have charity for other people, when we really care about them. I was able to help them feel the spirit and understand what´s important, as well as resolve little problems. It was an incredible experience.

In other news I taught a huge lesson about the Word of Wisdom yesterday in Creol. My companion and I are going to learn creol now because most of our lessons have been in creol. Nou pral aprann pale Kreyol.

Anyways I´ll end with some pictures of our zone activity last week, I hope everyone is doing well!
















No comments:

Post a Comment