Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Jack - February 9

Hey everyone, sorry I didn`t write last week. Thanks so much for all of the birthday greetings you sent though. I received so many that I didn`t have time to write the weekly email haha.

So far so good here in the office. It`s definitely different. It takes a lot of getting used to. But everything is going well. 

Last week for my birthday, President Romeu and his family invited us over for a barbeque at their house to celebrate (It was also Elder Pinheiro`s birthday) So it was awesome. 
We also tried to go go-karting but we got caught in a ton of traffic so we didn`t have time. But today we went hahaha, it was pretty awesome. A little weird to drive a normal car afterwards though, I kind of had the mindset of "I`ve got to pass this car!" and "I have to brake just right on this turn to not spin out" hahaha. But then I remembered I was driving a real car. 

Last week we had to go move everything out of one of the pensions in Valparaíso, and nobody else wanted to drive so everyone made it my "trial of fire" to see if I was good at driving or no. It was crazy but pretty awesome too. Just so you know, Valparaíso is known for it`s insane hills, and we had to help the elders move out of their house at the top of one of those hills. So we had some fun adventures speeding up and down the hills of valparaíso in a huge van full of furniture and stuff like that. The good news is, I drove like a pro even after so much time. It was crazy though.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well, I can`t wait to hear from you guys.












No comments:

Post a Comment