Monday, September 3, 2018

Jack - August 20

50 weeks! 

That´s a lot of time.

Welp, this week went well. I think. We spent a lot of time preparing baptisms, our ward had 2 this week which was pretty neat. It was two kids 8 and 9 years old. The ward mission leader was supposed to plan them, but he´s a young dude preparing for his mission so he didn´t really know what to do, so it basically all got dumped on me. At least the baptisms turned out well.

This week I had some really good studies. One helped me to better understand the importance of prayer, and the other helped me understand way better the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. First of all, it´s important that when we pray, we actually talk with God. It shouldn´t just be your shopping list of blessings you want. A lot of times we feel like he isn´t listening because we don´t recognize answers, well if you want Him to talk you have to make it a conversation. Telling Him a list of things you need just leaves room for Him to say "That´s great." or something like that. But if we try harder to make our prayers conversations, that´s something between two people, and I know that He´ll be more likely to respond more openly. Prayer requires an effort, and brings some of the greatest blessings. Actually my studies on Prayer led me to give better prayers and receive more revelation in my studies. And for that I´ve come to understand better the Atonement and Plan of Salvation, and let me just say, I´m not great at explaining things but I can testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He is full of mercy and grace, and that He has given us so many gifts and our lives to learn and improve and change. God´s plan is perfect, and I invite everyone to learn more about it. For me, one of my favorite chapters in the scriptures is in the Book of Mormon; 2 Nephi 2. It´s amazing.

Anyways, the work is hard but worth it, I hope that everyone is doing well!



No comments:

Post a Comment