Monday, September 3, 2018

Jack - August 13

Alright! ¿Quien quiere conocer mi hijo?

For those of you who are confused, there`s some missionary slang that if you`re training someone, they`re your son.

Transfers all went really well. Right before receiving our new companions I got to spend the day with my old comp, Elder B, in his sector because he`ll be training too. So that was a lot of fun, we got to catch up on some stuff, remember some funny stuff that happened, and prepare to be trainers. 

Right before we got out trainees, Presidente Romeu gave a capacitacion with the Assistants about training and it was really cool, one, because I´ve always wanted to train, it`s such a cool experience in the mission, and two, because my trainer was there too, hahaha. 

Then we had an awesome and exciting meeting where each new elder got assigned an area and their companion, and everyone was cheering and really excited the whole time. It was great. I was the first to receive a new companion, and he`s awesome. His name is Elder C. He`s from Las Vegas, and he`s super excited to be in the mission. We`ve had a great first week. 

I`m not going to lie, I`m pretty stressed, I obviously want to do a good job, and know I have a lot of weaknesses. But I`m really excited for this transfer. The only part that might be sad would be the end. I`ll have been in Quintero for 6 months, so it`s likely I`ll be transferred in the middle of Elder C`s training. But I`d like to stay, Quintero is a good sector, and Elder C seems like a great guy.

The other day we contacted a drunk guy in the street, and it was actually a good contact, or well, we did everything really well, the dude was kinda weird. But what was really funny is that he kept saying that all the missionaries are spies for the United States, here to see how they live. Which was funny enough, but then after the contact my companion looked at me confused and asked me what he was saying, and so I explained that he thought we were spies and my companion just started to laugh. "Oh...I thought he was saying we were feet!" "That all gringos were feet!" Hahahaha it was really funny, to be fair the two words do sound similar.

Anyways that`s it for this week, I hope everyone has an awesome week!

A couple pictures of our 'family history' work



No comments:

Post a Comment