Monday, February 5, 2018

Jack - February 5



All right it´s true, they exist. I finally had a zone conference this past week. Normally there´s one every transfer, but in my first transfer there was a review of the pension and in my second there was a Christmas Activity. So I always joked that they didn´t exist. What´s funny is that my trainer was still able to be there for my first hahaha. We had a zone conference with the other zone of Valparaíso, where he´s a zone leader so we were able to see each other. We did our complicated handshake with our matching ties, everyone in the room stopped to watch it haha.

The zone conference was really good, the Mission President gave some really good lessons. The first was about the parable of the ten virgins in the Bible, and something that stood out to me is that in the parable the husband comes after it had seemed like it was too late. And I thought, my area has been a little tough for me for a long time, and I´ve been very low on patience, but sometimes the Lord likes to test us, maybe even to show us that we´re better and stronger than we think we are. So even though it seemed like I was almost about to fall apart, I decided that maybe the help is there just a few steps farther. And so that was my attitude for the rest of the week...

...Or at least until that night.

Let me tell you a story, Once upon a time, before I got to the mission field, some zone leaders were playing soccer inside of the pension, Elder Gutierrez told them to stop and went to the bathroom, while he was in there, he heard a loud noise and the zone leaders said, "Elder, we don´t know what happened, all of a sudden your window just broke!" Fast forward a little, after some attempts by the 5 dogs of our neighbors to get in, we had barricaded the window pretty well... after the zone conference though, when we got back and were planning, a dog burst in and lay herself down in all our papers. I tried to shew her out and she jumped up on my bed!!! I pushed her off and eventually we got her out of the house. A little crazy, but all was well. We soon left and went proselyting. When we got back in the night my companion discovered that my bed was wet...

I was so done with everything hahaha.

The dog peed all over my down comforter and the other blankets the mission gave me. I had to actually use what I had brought with me haha ( ok maybe I was being a little lazy, either way, thanks, mom and dad) The other thing is that I don´t even know how to wash a comforter.

But no worries all is well now.

If you didn´t know an important holiday also happened this week... Groundhog´s day, or as my friend Greg likes to call it, Dirtpig day haha. No, but seriously it was my birthday and I´m old now. It went well haha.

Other than that, this week was really long, hope yours went well!

Elder Blaylock










No comments:

Post a Comment