Sunday, August 20, 2017

Parker - August 7

Hey Everybody!

Guess what? today is a special day. Exactly one year from today, I will be on my way home! 
Yeah, technically haven`t reached the halfway point yet, but still quite the milestone. 

Yeah. It`s been crazy. yet we haven`t done a whole lot here. We`ve just been working hard, finding new people to teach, and having people progress toward baptism. And this saturday, it`s likely that we`ll have another one. So expect pictures. (It`s quite the miracle, because if she didn`t show up to church yesterday, we`d have to postpone it again, but she managed to show up right before the sacrament, so it was ok). 

And last thursday, I did exchanges with my former comp Elder Arts, the dutchman. It was really cool, cuz it was just like old times. He`s a really good friend. After talking a bit, we decided that someday, either he`s coming to visit me in the states, or I`m gonna visit him in the Netherlands. We talked a lot about a lot of stuff. Cuz he`s at the end of his mission. He cut it a bit short cuz he has to go to school, so he`s leaving in the middle of the transfer, next sunday. We also watched the best two years, and he actually is dutch, so it was a lot more interesting. 

Yeah. It`s been crazy. Now I`m basically at the halfway point, and now brock is home. I swear, every time I see a pic of him home, a wave of emotions come over me, like half of it is relief that he`s finally home, that eventually the mission does end, and that he has grown and changed so much, and the other half is that I`m not there yet, that I`ve still got a year to go, and how much changing i still have left to do. 

But all in all. I think the mission, and my progress in it, is just how it should be. Sometimes people say that the mission passes by really fast, some say that it`s taking forever. But in the end, sometimes it`s one and sometimes it`s the other, and it turns out being exactly two years. No more. No less. 

I love you all, and I can`t wait to see where I am a year from now. 

Love,
Elder Blaylock


No comments:

Post a Comment