Monday, March 13, 2017

Parker - March 13

Hey Everyone! Sounds like you guys have had a fun week. My week hasn´t been too exciting. Oh, something I forgot to mention last week was that I met a Russian Man. He is the wife of a less active member who is currently reactivating. It was weird to meet him because he`s very nice, but he doesn´t speak spanish very well, despite living here in Argentina for three years . He also speaks english just about as good as he does in spanish, so when he talks to us, he usually does it in Spanglish. We asked the zone leaders if they could get us a copy of the book of mormon in Cyrillic (the Russian alphabet), but they said it would take too much time, and reading it in spanish would help him improve his spanish. Oh well. But anyway, other than that, this week has been really rainy, and school started this week for them, so its been hard to work, because our apartment is right in front of a high school. Iit gets out just at the time where we should be leaving, that, coupled with the rain, has made it difficult to work well this week. And once again, we had a whopping zero number of investigators at sacrament meeting. Sigh. But then we had interviews with the President, where I expressed this concern, about how we have been teaching almost nothing but the Sabbath Day, and how all of our investigators say ´´Sí, seguramente voy a ir esta semana´´ (I`m definitely going this week) but come Sunday and nothing. And he asked me two very important questions. ´´Elder, ¿quién fue el mejor misionero?´´ (Who was the best missionary) ´´ Jesucristo´´ I respond ´´¿Y usted sabe cuantos bautismos tuvo él?´´ (And do you know how many baptisms he had). ´´Zero.´´ He then told me that the mission is not all about the results, what matters is that we teach with power and authority. He then explained that there is a difference between the two, and that authority is given to you by those who have it, power is earned by how you serve the people you have authority over. That completely changed my attitude, and it inspired me to try and be more obedient and try and be the best missionary I can be, no matter what the results are. I want to thank you guys for all of your support, it really means a lot to me. I love you all.

Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment