Monday, October 24, 2016

Parker - October 24

Wow this week has been pretty cool for you guys, sounds like Kai´s farewell was pretty cool. For me, not a whole lot happened this week, so I´m just gonna tell you guys about some of my regular stuff. First of all? I am super sick of dogs barking. Night and day, they never stop. And they all have no concept of personal space, I literally shoo a dog away and it comes right back trying to sniff and lick my pants or shoes. Oh and we don´t knock on doors, every single house here has a wide gated fence around it. Literally every building. So we just stand at the gates and clap really loud. One of our investigators is this man, woman, and child. The child is the woman's, but not the man´s and they´re not married. They´re really receptive to the gospel though, and they love it when we visit, but they´re scared about getting married. The man, is like five or so years younger. But they said that they´ll talk to their parents and see what they say. 
So, I don´t actually proselyte all day. A lot of days, we only proselyte from 6-9:30, because we have 3 hours of study time (actually 4 because he´s training me), usually 2 hours for lunch, (they have huge lunches here) and the rest of the time is taken up by something that Elder O. has to do because he´s the district leader. But we make the best of it. We had a rainy day, and it was fantastic, because it didn´t rain much, but at least it wasn´t super hot. And I finally discovered what to say when someone says ´´I´m catholic´´ or something like that. You say ´´You believe in Christ, right? well, God loves everyone, it doesn´t matter the religion, our purpose is to increase people´s faith in Christ and to build their relationship with Him.´´ it´s pretty cool. We also had service, painting the sister missionaries´ apartment, and I hate painting, but it was good to give service. It´s strange, most nights, we just stand at doorways talking to people for like half an hour, and I´m not bothered at all. I gave away one of my ties to a member who didn´t have any. The orange and blue one, it was a little hard, but he needed it more than I did, and he came to church this sunday, so that´s great. We had empanadas at his house yesterday. Speaking of which, if you´re wondering what they taste like down here, try to imagine the halfway point between a hot pocket and a pizza roll, just stuffed with taco meat. They´re good, but weird. I also had pizza for the first time down here. And when I say pizza I mean a pancake like slab of bread with slabs of melted cheese and meat on it. It did not taste like pizza. But it wasn´t that bad. Well, that´s really all I have for you guys this week. I love you all, and my testimony is growing every day. It´s really great to study more about Christ and learn more about Him. It makes taking the Sacrament even more special. 

Love
Elder Blaylock

PS I am also tired of hitting my head on things. The ground is uneven and covered with garbage and dog crap, so I´m always looking down until I smack my head on a low tree branch or a doorway. 






No comments:

Post a Comment