Monday, October 31, 2016

Brock - October 31

So this week I have some sad news. My companion, Elder W, went home last week. We were at home, because our lunch was delivered that day, and I came back from the bathroom, and he was sitting on his bed. He told me he wanted to go home. So on Wednesday we had interviews with President Farnes, and he packed his bags and went home. I´ve been in trio since then. I´ll get a new companion 

Elder W went home because he simply didn´t want to stay with the ward. The ward, as I remarked a while back, was treating our recent-convert pretty poorly for helping the missionaries, and he just couldn´t understand that. I think it didn´t help as well that he helped the sister missionaries out in his home ward, so he might have seen himself in the whole thing. I am not entirely sure. 

Thankfully, even though I hardly managed to work in my area this week I did manage to bring people to church, and with luck I´ll be able to help them out more this week. I met with the bishop of Salto this week. He´s dedicated to turning the ward around, but he´s going to need help. I asked President Farnes to stay here this next transfer as well, especially considering that if I don´t, the area would have two missionaries new to the area arriving here. 

Like I said, I´ve been in trio since Wednesday. I learned why trio companionships are rare--they don´t work. Three young men dressed similarly scare people, the work is slower, and it was simply difficult. Thankfully, the other elders were cool, so it wasn´t annoying to be with them--just annoying to not be able to work in my area. 

On Sunday I had to give a twenty minute talk and teach the Gospel Principles class, so that was fun. Luckily I had a talk saved up from a while back when they asked me to talk but a Seventy visited and talked instead. Apparently I was "very red" while I was giving the talk, which is not reassuring, but whatever. 

I´m so jealous of you guys and your Halloween costumes! They turned out perfect. Love you guys, love hearing from you every week. 

Elder B. Blaylock



No comments:

Post a Comment