Monday, October 3, 2016

Parker - October 1

Well this has been an interesting week. First of all, I'd like to say that it is great to hear from all of you, and I'm really excited for the things you guys are doing.
So, I began my week on Monday by waking up and feeling 1000% terrible. I had the worst sore throat, like daggers every time I swallowed, a hacking cough, and I couldn't get out of bed because I was shaking so much. So me and my companion stayed in that day, and I mostly just drank lots of water and slept. Luckily, in my day of sickness, I received my package! Thank you guys so much for sending that, it was just what I needed at that moment. 
Tuesday, I was feeling a little better, so I hoped it was just like a 24 hour virus or something and it would all blow over. And that day went pretty ok, got to sing in choir for one last time, we sang Baptism, which is going to be one of the songs in General Conference. Also, the speaker spoke on keeping the Commandments, and the blessings that come from them, it was interesting, because I don't remember any talk that dedicated all of its time to the Commandments. It actually really helped me, because now, I can teach any of the first four lessons in really effective ways. And I realized why they were put in that specific order in Preach My Gospel. The Restoration tells them what our Church is, The Plan of Salvation tells them why they're here, and then the Doctrine of Christ and the Commandments tell them how to live while they're here. It literally is inspired, it's great. 
But anyway, back to my week. Wednesday, I was doing fine in the Morning, but after Lunch, I felt awful again, so I stayed back at my room for the last half of the day. And Thursday was similar, fine in the Morning, awful in the afternoon. So because Conference is today, we had our last Temple visit on Thursday in our personal study block, and after the Temple is when I was feeling terrible. So I went to the Health Clinic, and all they tell you to do is go to the Doctor, so they right me up and I got to go out into the real world, across the street and down the road to the BYU Urgent Care center, and they gave me some antibiotics and sent me back (They had no idea what it was either). But, I was able to stay on my feet all day yesterday, and I'm doing fine today. Now all I really have is this cough, which is manageable.  And yesterday, on Friday, we had In-Field Orientation for 8 hours, and I can sum it up in one sentence: Teaching with Members is a good idea. Sigh, anyway though, today we get to email our families any time we're not in conference, so if you guys feel like sending anything my way today, I'll get to respond to it. 
Well, that was my week, I can't wait to call you guys and get into the field on Monday.

Love,
Elder Blaylock





No comments:

Post a Comment