Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Parker - September 3

Hey Everyone! It's been great here, we're all doing so well, everyone's learning the language really fast, the gift of tongues is real, I see it everyday, Elder Phillips couldn't say a word in Spanish when he got here, but yesterday, he gave the prayer, and it was amazing. I was also able to memorize the Missionary Purpose, The Invitation to Baptism, The First Vision, and Moroni 10:4-5 all in Spanish, it's really great. It's great to hear from all of you how you're doing, starting seminary, getting cats, and having family adventures, its all really amazing. Being here is hard, but it is also really powerful, I've been to two devotionals now, there was one on Sunday, where we watched David A. Bednar's talk on the Character of Christ, and one of the Seventy came down to talk on Tuesday, and he talked about the worth of one soul. I did join the Choir, and it's really comforting to sing with all of these missionaries, I am also gonna be in the MTC for General Conference I think, so I'm really excited about that. I also think that my departure date from the MTC is October 5. Last week, I went to the Temple, and I'm going again later today, everybody goes to the temple on their pday, and last week, it was really comforting, just a kind of cleansing of the thoughts, I could also remember most of what I had to say! I was so excited. Also, one of my companions, Elder Robinson, says that his aunt and uncle are the mission presidents for Brock's mission, so that's pretty cool. I just want you guys to know that I love all of you, and I think that you are all hard workers and that you can do anything you put your mind to. I was telling some of my companions about you guys, about how Jameson is very skilled at whatever he puts his mind to, how Brock loves to be out doing things and seeing the results of his hard work, how Jack always tries to find the smartest solution to something, and how Ella is just so loving of everybody, and how my Parents are always working hard to teach us and help us have good memories, it just made me realize how much I love you guys, you all mean so much to me, and I want you all to know that every night in my prayers I ask "Por favor bendice mi familia a tener seguirdad y con paz" (Please bless my family to have security and peace). I love you all so much, and I can't wait to hear from you again,

Love,
Elder Blaylock



No comments:

Post a Comment