Monday, September 26, 2016

Parker - September 24

Hey Everyone! 

It's so great to hear from you, about all of the stuff that you're doing, its really great to hear. 
Guess what? I got my travel plans yesterday! And in total, from the time I leave the MTC until the time I get to my mission is like 30 hours. Wow! I know right? I don't have it on me right now, we did an early temple session and now, we're doing laundry.
So we did our last temple session today because next week is general conference. It's both terrifying and exciting to be a missionary when conference rolls around, because you are really excited to hear the words of the prophets and then apply them on your mission, but it's also terrifying because we're all worried they're gonna drop a big bomb on us and extend missions to like 6 years or something. (haha)
Something pretty interesting that happened this week was one day, we did this thing that the Hermanas (Sisters) called the "Compliment Hot Seat." Basically, it's where they put one person on the spot and then everyone else goes around in a circle and gives them a heartfelt compliment. And some of the things that people said about me was that "it was clear that I was a driven and hardworking person." .....Huh? I have never thought that about myself, and you guys all know me, I'm pretty lazy. But I guess here, in the mission, I guess we act differently. I haven't noticed a huge change in me, but everyone kept saying that I was the smartest in the class and that I knew the language the best, and that I was the most hardworking. It was weird to hear. 
Also a couple of other interesting things that happened was in Choir, I was sitting in the Tenor section with my friend, Elder Mclay, and he was actually friends with this guy next to him, his name was Elder Gauthier, and he's from France! We talked, he's a really nice guy, and I was able to remember some French and we had a tiny conversation, it was fun. But so yeah, Apart from all that, not much happened this week. I guess I just can't wait to get out into the field, it's gonna be so great. Yo amo a ustedes, y yo sé que ustedes seremos bendicido por Dios y Jesucristo por su fe, y yo sé que nosotros veremos nuestros mísmos otra vez. 

Con el más amor,
Elder Blaylock

Parker, meeting up with another elder from home. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment