Thursday, May 3, 2018

Parker - April 16

Hey everyone!

We've had a fairly interesting week, we've been getting our baptisms ready!

And they got baptized!!!! K and J. They're really excited, and J's been changing a lot. We're still gonna keep visiting them, cuz we want to make sure he doesn't drop again. 

But yeah, apart from that. a couple other things have been going on this week. We did exchanges so my comp could start going to this one neighborhood that's pretty far away. But the investigators he found there made it to church on Sunday, so we've got a couple more baptisms coming along. It's pretty exciting. 

Another bit of exciting news, the email came letting me know that it's time to start planning the trip home!!!! Yup, August 7th is the date. That's about three and a half months away. It's weird, for some people, it's something sad, cuz they wanna keep working in the mission, for others, it makes them more trunky and lazy, but with me, it just gets me excited and makes me want to work harder. 

But, returning to la obra misional, they also got confirmed members yesterday. It was pretty great. We're also visiting some members and we're trying to unify the ward more. Because the problem in this ward isn't that they aren't working, it's just that they aren't working together. Or well. Partly it's the bishop's fault, he thinks that whenever a problem comes up, it's a trial he has to endure, rather than a lesson he can learn from. It's created a lot of issues in the ward. Just the other day, we stumbled onto him arguing with his first counselor about who's suffered more as a member of the church. 

But, don't worry, we're gonna keep working hard. I have a few strategies I'm working on the help everybody. 

I'd just like to share something I've been thinking of for a while now. 

About a month ago, President asked us to think of one verse from the book of Mormon that held the most significance for us. I thought about it a great deal, and in the end, I chose Jacob 5:4, which reads:

And it came to pass that the master of the vineyard went forth, and he saw that his olive tree began to decay; and he said: I will prune it, and dig about it, and nourish it, that perhaps it may shoot forth young and tender branches, and it perish not.

I find it the most significant because when the Lord of the vineyard saw the dry tree (wicked person) the first thing he thought was "how can I help them?" and not complaining that this tree was drying up again and he'd have to throw it into the fire soon.

It's basically how I work as a missionary. It's how I'm starting to act towards people. And I can promise all of you that when we act with charity, the pure love of Christ, things always turn out better. 

I love you all

Elder Blaylock


No comments:

Post a Comment