Thursday, October 26, 2017

Parker - October 23

Hey Everybody!

How`s everybody doing? I`m doing great. Wow, this training is a piece of work. 

It`s actually not that hard, like I said in my last letter, I actually feel really prepared to train because I remember well how crazy everything was at the start of my mission, and how I just wished someone could explain things to me. So now I can do that for my hijito. (That`s what we call them in the mission). But yeah, everything`s going well. I basically have the goal to put this new missionary in the mindset where he can go out to work, not have any success, and still be able to say at the end of the day "I did a good job today." And yeah, we didn`t have a super successful week, but we`re getting there. 

We`re doing a lot of contacting, because we don`t have a whole lot of investigators, and we`re trying to figure out good places to contact. Oh yeah, just for mom and dad, cuz they were asking, I am in a tiny city called Rosario de la Lerma, it`s about 40 minutes away from the main city in Salta, and we have a couple other small cities in our area, and we`re trying to decide which ones we`re gonna try working in. Last week, we went to one called Campo Quijano, but we didn`t have a ton of success. This week we`re gonna try a different one called Cerrillos. 

But yeah, my comp`s actually cool, he`s doing really well on the Spanish for someone so new. And he`s really enthusiastic and has little fear. When all of our plans fell through one day, he just went right into contacting, it was inspiring really. And, since he lives in DC, it`s been cool, cuz we`re the only east coasters. And guess what? Last year, for their family pictures, they went to the Booth House. Yeah, no joke. Literally the Booth House that`s a 10-minute walk away from the house. And then they went to Coldstone after. Isn`t that so insane?

But yeah, other than that, I`m doing great, a lot better actually. I keep thinking about how much time I`ve been here and how much I`ve got left, and it`s actually comforting. I`ve still got time to work, but not a whole much longer until I get to come home. 

I love all of you guys.

Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment