Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Parker - October 16

Alright everyone, 

I`ll be quick, cuz I have to get back to work, but here`s the rundown.

So last week, me and my last comp, elder F were working hard, trying to contact some of the people from the Tormenta Blanca, so far, not a whole lot of success, but we`ll keep tryng. 

Then, on sunday, we get two phone calls, one from the president and one from the assistants. President called me, telling me that I`m gonna be training these next two transfers and telling me what I need to do now. And the assistants called my comp to be District leader in the zone I was in before. 

So Monday, in the morning we hustle to get to the bus station on time for my comp to leave at 9:30, then after that, the zone leaders took me to the offices of the mission to stay there for the rest of the day. So I waited around, After a little bit, missionaries began trickling in, a mixture of trainers, office people, and ending missionaries, so it was fun to talk with all these people we got a nice group of trainers here. Then at like 1:00 we have lunch and after that, we have a meeting for the new trainers where they tell us more about our responsibilities for these next three months. At like 4:40 the new missionaries got to the airport, so we were all out of the building, chillin while we waited for the mission president to get done interviewing all of the newbies so he can assign companionships. At like 7:00, we all go in and we have the assigning ceremony. And I got paired with Elder G, he`s from Washington D.C. so we`re like the only people from the East Coast in the entire mission. It`s pretty cool. He`s also pretty cool too, we like a lot of the same stuff, and he`s actually not bad at all with the spanish, he`s doing exceptionally well for someone so new. 

But yeah, then, after that, we had a barbecue with everyone, then went to go sleep in a hotel. At first, I was kind of nervous about training, but as I started talking with the newbies and answering their questions, explaining things to them, I started to get more excited, to the point where I do feel completely comfortable in this new role. In the morning after their first Argentine breakfast, they went off to go do paperwork, and we were hanging out in the offices. Us gringos went on the mormon channel and watched a recent face2face with a bunch of mormon singers. It was good. 

After that, when they got done with the paperwork, I took my new comp to our area, cuz we`re just like 40 minutes away. We had lunch, he unpacked while I reorganized the apartment, and then we went out to go to work. And we actually had a pretty successful day in comparison. 

I am so grateful for this opportunity and I know that the Lord will bless us and that this is really gonna help me become the person that Heavenly Father wishes me to be. 

I love all you guys,

Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment