Monday, April 17, 2017

Parker - April 10

Hey everybody! 

Wow, time really is flying, we´re already halfway through this transfer. 
This week was pretty ok, we had President´s Conference on Thursday, went pretty well. After the conference, we went to the restaurant that we always go to after conferences, and unfortunatley, me and the Zone leader, Elder A, (who´s pretty cool, we´re good friends, we´re always together when we do exhanges with the zone leaders) sat at the end of the big table where we were, and we were the last people to be served, it took a while, to the point where I started to quote that scripture from Nephi ´´And the first shall be last and the last shall be first´´ saying that someday we´d get our recompense. And then our food arrived. The food here is pretty good, I´ve been able to eat pretty much everything that I´ve been served, so that´s cool. 
We´ve been working pretty hard, we found two new investigators on Friday and also had a family home evening with investigators as well. It went pretty good, we´re making progress. The only problem is that we had a big fat zero in Church again. Sigh. But that´s ok, we´re still making good progress, we´re pretty sure that one of our investigators, Isabel, is finally going to be baptized this month. She´s wanted to for a long time, but she hasn´t been able to because she´s married to another man that she´s not divorced to, and living with a different man, and has been living with him for the past like 40 years, so getting separated wasn´t really an option for them, as they have a life together. But now it looks like her divorce is finally gonna go through, and her ´´boyfriend´´ (I hesitate to use the term boyfriend because they´re like 60 years old or so) says that he´ll marry her so that she can get divorced. 
Other than that, we´re doing pretty good. Now that transfers are coming up again, I don´t know what to think, it´s pretty 50/50 that I´ll stay or go. If I stay, then I´m definitely leaving the next transfer, and then the transfer after that, I´ll probably train, if I  leave, I think I´ll go to the province of Santiago del Estero, and the transfer after train. But I don´t know anything yet. I´m just shooting in the dark. 
Hope all of you are doing great, congratulations Jameson and Arianne on graduating! Hope you guys enjoy Minnesota.

Love,
Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment