Monday, April 3, 2017

Brock - April 3

What a privilege it is to watch and participate in General Conference every six months. Even arriving late to the first session and not being permitted to watch the very late Priesthood session, I feel so edified. To me, one of the biggest common themes was our "daily worship habits". The lines upon lines that build our faith, our foundation. We need to pray continually, read the scriptures (particularly the Book of Mormon) every day, and attend church meetings. These simple acts of faith, like regular physical exercise or three square meals a day, will help us and give us strength for when the inevitable hard times come in. When we are doing these things, we can truly say, "I can do everything now!"

We´ve had a great week in Jandira. It´s nice to be back here in the capital. My companion´s name is Elder C, and he is from Colombia. It´s cool to have a Hispanic companion again. Hispanics are cool. We also were able to baptize someone after the last session, a lady named C that Elder C was teaching last transfer. 

Yep. That´s about all I got. Oh yeah, so I left for the transfer with my new wheels---four of them. However, I arrived from Tatuí in Jandira (a trip that took the whole day) with only one wheel. That´s right, my "good idea" to switch the wheels made the problem worse and subsequently three out of four wheels are now wandering about the São Paulo north region. I also attempted to throw out some dead weight, and then was obliged to throw out some white shirts and garments that had gotten mold due to a bad washing machine. And, I ate the very last spoonful of my peanut butter this week. Fun thought I remembered from a couple weeks ago---I saw a Harley Davidson-type motorcycle, the kind with the sidebags. Inside these sidebags were two dogs, one on each side, and they were both having the time of their lives. So funny. 

Anyway, love you guys. Can´t wait for next week.

Elder Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment