Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Parker - June 25

TRANSFERS

Nah, nothing happened. I'm staying with Elder Hernandez. The only noteworthy thing about these transfers is that IT'S MY LAST ONE.

Yeah, it's really, incredibly crazy. I can hardly believe that it's finally coming. I'm just excited to keep working hard till the end. Earlier in my mission, I'd see many missionaries end, and I was afraid that when I got to my last transfer, I'd be totally burnt out, and wouldn't want to work. Yet, to my surprise, I find myself even more dedicated and wanting to work. Really I want to shine in this last transfer and present a good offering to God. 

But yeah, this week has been fun. Tuesday, we had District meeting, a Baptism in the District, and Interviews with President. We were in the Stake Center for most of the day. We ordered sandwiches and had lunch. 

I've also been studying general conference talks lately. And I found my favorite picture in the whole Liahona. It's the one with the little girl. 

And yeah, we've been working pretty hard. We're trying to focus on improving our teaching methods, cuz sadly in this mission, with all of the focus on having a bunch of numbers (from the zone leaders more than anything, President's awesome), actually teaching properly is kinda thrown by the wayside. 

But yeah, then Sunday was my comp's birthday, so this family made us a Barbecue. It was fun. Then our landlord wanted to do a deep clean of the apartment. So we spent the afternoon doing that. (didn't do much though, after the floor dried, it looked the same as before.) 

And, well, since yesterday was supposedly transfers, but there was this strike by all the bus drivers in Argentina or something like that, they told us to move Pday to Tuesday. (Basically this means they took away our Pday, cuz we had to go out and work normal Monday, but we already had set up appointments for today, but at least we still get to write home:)

And yeah, that's basically my week. Now for a spiritual thought. 

Something that's helped me stay obedient and endure to the end let's say in the mission has been the phrase "remember who you are." And well, I am a missionary. But, as I am rapidly drawing closer to the point where I will no longer be a missionary, I've been thinking about how I can still use this phrase to find strength. I've come up with Four responses that you guys can adapt if you want to do something similar:

The First is I AM A CHILD OF GOD. This is to help remind me of my relationship with God and all His children on the earth. 
The Second is I AM A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST. This is to help me to be a faithful member of the church, read the scriptures, pray, go to church, and always seek to develop Christ-like attributes. 
The Third is I AM A PRIESTHOOD HOLDER. This is to help me resist temptation, remain righteous, and remind me to serve and bless those for whom I am responsible. 
The Fourth is I AM CALLED OF GOD. This kind of replaces I am a missionary, and adapts it for whatever calling I could have in the church. To remind me to magnify my calling and be diligent. 

I love you all, and invite you to remember who you are, learn of your identity and let it be a source of strength when you face trials. 

Elder Blaylock.

PS 44 more days until I get to see you!









No comments:

Post a Comment