Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Parker - March 20

Hey Everyone! I don´t know if I  told you guys or not, but today we have transfers! I am going to be staying here, and my companion is going to northern Salta. I´m staying as junior companion, my new comp is going to be Elder A., who´s from Holland! So yeah, I´m going to be with a Dutch Elder, its going to be interesting. I haven´t met him yet cuz he´s getting in at 9:30 tonight. He´s coming from the same area that Elder L. is going to, so that´s weird. But yeah, other than that, Nothing super interesting has happened this week. Elder L. was pretty sure that he was leaving, so he made sure to say goodbye to everybody. When I hit this transfer, I felt weird, because I now have seven and a half months in the mission, which means that the sisters who are ending with me are just barely getting to the mission now. It´s a strange feeling. Time really does pass by really fast in the mission. I´m trying not to focus on it though, I´m just trying to stay diligent and obedient and try to be a good servant of the Lord. For some reason, this week I have been thinking a lot about obtaining knowledge through scripture study. I think that a lot of times when we read the scriptures, we say that we already know what this chapter is talking about, and we just read at the same level that we are used to. But the scriptures are referred to as containing the mysteries of god in them, if something is a mystery, we´re never gonna understand it until we look a little deeper and question. Not question the scriptures necessarily, but question our own understanding of them. It really is true that every time that we read  the scriptures we  get something new out of it, I am really grateful that I have this time in the mission to dedicate to studying the scriptures. I would like to invite all of you to really study the scriptures, not just get your daily reading out of the way. 
 
I love you all,
Elder Blaylock

PS Sorry about the early letter, but I´m gonna be sitting in the bus station  the whole afternoon, so we had to do it earlier

No comments:

Post a Comment