Monday, December 5, 2016

Parker - December 5

Hey Everyone!
Sounds like you´ve all had a busy week, I have too. First of all, on Thursday we did splits again and I was with the Mini, and I was basically a Trainer for a day. It was weird, but I think I did alright. We also found a new investigator, so points to the newbies! (Of course the other guys found 4 new investigators, so...). Also, Guess what? I found out what a plague of flies looks like: Argentina. Seriously, there´s so many flies here, it´s awful. Oh and guess what happened on Saturday? So we went to Jujuy to start to practice our Christmas Missionary Choir, and guess what? I am now the Conductor, because I´m the only one who knows how. And let me tell you, my arm hurt so much afterward! And what doesn´t help is that our big song, O Holy Night, is in 6/8 time, so it´s like I have to basically make sure I get the downbeats right. Sigh, hopefully I´ll be ok. Also, we had one of our members who always comes along with us leave this morning for his own mission, and we had a farewell for him last night. And let me tell you, it´s a lot more fun to send our a new missionary than to receive a return missionary while you´re out in the field. (Oh, and during the thing, I managed to switch cups with O. and got him to drink soda, he´s a fanatic about not drinking soda, hahahahaha!!). And yeah, this week is going to be busy too, we have a ton of meetings and also another choir practice on pretty much every single day of the week. Concerning transfers, Elder O. is kinda freaking out a little bit, because one of us is going to go, and one of us is going to stay, he doesn´t want me to go and be left here in San Pedro (He´s been here for like 5 months already), But he doesn´t want to leave because he´s afraid he´s gonna be a Zone Leader, because a lot of missionaries are going home this transfer, and not a lot are coming into the mission field, which is why we have so many mini missionaries, because we´re basically understaffed. What he thinks is going to happen is I´m going to go work in the Offices as Secretary or Financer (because apparently I have a ´´look´´) and he´s gonna stay here with a Mini. But we still don´t know yet, basically we´ll know for sure a few hours after the Christmas Skype call. And to end this letter, I´ll share what I´ve learned this week. It´s about the Spirit telling Nephi to kill Laban, which is something a lot of people have a little trouble with. What it is is the Lord testing Nephi´s faith, kind of like Abraham. Something I´ve learned on the mission is that as soon as you say ´´Ok, I´m alright with what I have to do, I just need to keep doing what I´m doing´´ The Lord gives you another challenge. And this is what happened to Nephi: He said ´´I will go and do the things the Lord commands´´ he thought it just meant obeying the 10 commandments, so the Lord tested him, telling him to kill Laban. And Nephi, who said that we would do whatever the Lord commands pauses and says ´´oo, I don´t know if I can do that´´ this is a stumbling block for people, because when people are faced with new revelation, they say ´´hey, I´ve been doing what you asked me, why are you asking me to do this now?´´ But as we are obedient, the Lord blesses us in ways we cannot even comprehend, because Nephi killed Laban, we have the Book of Mormon, Nephi didn´t see that coming, but he obeyed anyway. 
I want to tell you all that I love you and that we can all do what the Lord asks of us, even if it´s something we never thought we´d do
Love,
Elder Blaylock




No comments:

Post a Comment