Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Jack - December 11

Hey guys how´s it going? My week was pretty good this week, a number of interesting things happened.

First of all, we got the coolest ties anyone has ever seen, and I mean it. Both me and my companion got one and I wore my last Monday after our pday and on the way to our first appointment to two members who live near us and during the appointment I received like 4 compliments, after the appointment we went back to the pension real quick because my companion was jealous and wanted to use his too. Haha, whenever we use them everybody is like "Your ties are so cool! Where did you get them?" We actually bought two red ties and found a place to put a logo on them, so they´re custom haha ;D

Also last Monday we had a fun family home evening and this family had so much food! There were like 16-17 completos between the 6 of us, and a huge pie! It was crazy.

My companion had a meeting for district leaders last Tuesday so I was with the companion of the other district leader of our zone. His companion had hurt his head during our soccer game on Monday and spent like 16 hours in the hospital waiting and stuff like that, so neither he nor the zone leaders got any sleep, so we didn´t do much. I feel bad for his companion who then had to go to a training with the mission president with only 1 hour of sleep. I found out that the first missionary in Chile was Parley P. Pratt, who is one of my ancestors, so that´s awesome.

When we went to the zone leader´s pension to make the companion switch for the day one of the zone leaders went into the other room and came back with a poster saying, "Now if you don´t want this, there are many other people who want it, but Elder L left it for you." It was an awesome poster of Captain America Civil War so of course, I accepted it. I only had one intercambio with Elder L and it was right before he finished his mission, so we talked a lot about movies, especially superhero movies, and he showed me that poster. Turns out he left it behind for me. What a cool guy. 

Also, we learned something interesting during the meeting for district leaders, my companion wore his tie I was talking about and he received tons of compliments, and at one point the mission president´s wife came up to him and said, "Elder your tie is so nice, did president not say anything? He´s a HUGE fan of the flash, and he´s been watching the 4th season of the tv show all the time." ...guys, I knew there was a reason I was sent to this mission... hahaha just kidding, but how crazy right? If you weren´t sure the Flash is also my favorite superhero haha.

Also if you want some proof the scriptures are true someone actually stopped us and tried to convince us to (and he literally almost said) Eat, Drink, and Be Merry. Or in other words, 2 Nephi 28: 7 "Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die, and it shall be well with us." He argued with us saying that we should enjoy our lives, to which we responded that we were because sharing the gospel is awesome, and how missions are bad because serving people is something you should do your whole life, to which we pointed out that just because we specifically set apart two years of our lives to do this full time doesn´t mean we can´t serve people when we get back too. haha, it was crazy.

Anyways that´s basically all for this week, other fun facts of my area include that there´s an Optimus Prime here, and that Kevin, the bird from the movie UP, lives here and can be heard as you walk by this one building.

Elder Blaylock







No comments:

Post a Comment