Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Jack - November 20

To Germany and back again! What a weird trip!... especially since I didn´t go on it, just my suitcase.

(I loaned my suitcase to the owner of the house for his trip to Germany.)

This week was awesome! A lot of weird things happened though. Last pday we made cookies!!!! We used Arianne´s recipe (they were incredible, shoutout to Arianne), and they turned out pretty well, our neighbors ( and also the owners of our pension) are really nice and let us borrow some stuff to help us make them. Also last pday we planned on taking time to thoroughly clean our pension because on Tuesday we had interviews with the president and some of the mission staff about the pension, but it was a little tough because we had no water all day... we ended up having to fill jugs with water from the pool haha, which was made harder by the 3 or 4 dogs trying to play with us as we did so haha. Then the day of the interview we had no gas, which means no hot water and we couldn´t show them if the things in the kitchen worked. That and president interviewed my companion first so while they were doing that I had to respond to all of the questions from the pensionero and the enfermera, and of the assistants to the president. My companion is really lucky that for most of the questions I had just barely noticed where something was the night before haha. The assistants did their jobs really fast so they could play tennis too, so that was funny. They also came back on their pday, which is Saturday, to play more. Something else weird that happened was that on Wednesday we didn´t have water again (but for less time), and when we were walking around all of the fire hydrants were pouring out water, so I don´t really understand that haha. Also, one day while we were going to an area to do some contacting there was a big fire, so we called the bomberos (firemen) and tried to help out if we could, but we ended up leaving. It was weird, I hope everything is okay for those people. Because we´ve been having trouble finding people to teach, this week I came up with an awesome plan to inspire the members to take part in missionary work. I´m really excited to work with the members with this plan. We´ve already started with one family who are recent converts but they're awesome, they're the first family I met when I got here and they are so great, their testimonies are also really strong for the little time they´ve been members, they're an example for many. We met with them twice and they´re really excited to help us out. We´ve also had members come with us for some lessons, and invite some less active families to an activity in their home, it´s awesome. That´s just about everything I can remember from this week, but I´ve got a lot of pictures and even some videos to send. Though I apologize that the videos are in Spanglish because I meant to speak only in English but it´s hard to switch back. Anyways I hope everyone´s week was awesome!

Elder Blaylock













No comments:

Post a Comment